Through the Community Policing Forum, the communities of Kleinmond, Bettys Bay, Pringle Bay and Rooi Els are being asked to join in on this community initiative to raise money to upgrade the Police Station.
With Government Funds not readily available, we should be able to transform both the facilities and the energy and drive within the Police ranks with this upgrade - thereby adding to their current efforts to fight crime. Besides basic maintenance work, funds are needed for the bigger projects which include a finger print room and more office and meeting room space.
Work has already begun on the maintenance. The picture of the container roof having been repaired and broken windows replaced and the guttering being replaced is just a start.
R7000 has already been collected via a Raffle and donations. There are 3 excellent prizes ( a 2 night B & B stay at Arabella for 2 using Spa facilities, a R1000 Food Hamper and a R500 Food Hamper ) worth in excess of R5000 . The draw will take place on 7 July.
The banking details are at the end of this article.
- All damaged gutters and down pipes repaired or replaced
- Broken windows to be replaced. Re putty and paint frames
- Wendy house for storage to be replaced, possibly with a prefab structure
- Fitting a roof onto the container to stop leaking
- Container to be moved and replaced by another, more suitable structure ( possibly a prefab – a size to house 3 new offices )
- CCTV cameras installed in strategic positions on site to ensure security and safety of police and community on site
- Main office floors to be screeded – current floor covering to be removed
- 2 kitchens, ( 1 small sink ) to be upgraded. Melamine tops, cupboards with draws, new sinks and taps. Floor either tiled or screeded
- Finger print room to be built on from existing corridor. Desk and chairs to be bought. This should be a permanent brick structure - part of the main building
- Security gate at charge office to be repaired with lock and front door position reviewed
- Cubicles to be built at front desk, utilising space as best as possible and ensuring some privacy while being interviewed. Wood partitioning
- Tile the walls in toilets up to 2 metres high and floors to be retiled
- Area at the back to be cleared ( includes tyres ) potential car park and room for container, moved from the front by crane
- Paving to replace grass in the front and trauma room entrance to be made wheelchair friendly with a ramp
- Paint CID offices
- The water system on site - remedial action taken where necessary
- Meeting room complex to be built as part of the permanent structure or prefab as an alternative
All monies can be deposited into:
COMMUNITY POLICING FORUM BANK ACCOUNT
Branch code 131505
Account number 1315017334
Reference – DONATION + ( name of depositor )
For more information regarding the raffle and donations, you can contact:Tim McGavin: 083 703 8071
Violet Bossut: 082 768 1194
Rudi Perold: 083 677 3992
Jorica Rabie: 072 616 8418